Sunday, March 18, 2012

When You Don't Feel Like Doing Anything

Hey guys'. Ever had one of those days where doing anything just feels like the worst idea? I'm with you guys there! When you are dealing with physical pain its hard to get yourself to get out of bed, let alone do chores and go out of the house. Lately, that has been me. I am sleeping terribly late unless I have Physical Therapy. That is the only time I really get up and stay up.

I can attribute part of that to my medications, though most of it is me just not having energy. But I have decided that I am done making excuses. Yestday, I pushed myself to go out and I am glad I did. I saw some old friends that I hadn't seen since last Summer.

Staying inside doesn't really let anyone do anything. But staying inside has more like the viable option when I am not really up to par. My life is in mybroom most of the time since I barely get out with anyone. Most of my friends are either aft work, school,or married with children. So I really am at a disadvantage there. My particular limitations never allowed me to be able to drive. I have Mobility through the Maryland MTA , but they are still a few kinks in the system, and they are unreliable.(but that is for another post)

However, I don't really mean to get on a tangent about transportation. The point is that we can find ways to motivate ourselves! One of my incentives is to be able to watch Judge Mathis if I do my exercises first thing in the morning. And believe it or not? Mathis really does motivate me.

What about you guys? Do you have good ways that motivate you to do things you really don't want to do? Check in and let me know what you are doing. Tell me your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I am so happy.

    I motivate myself by first forcing myself to move, even if it's only to stretch. Than I try to do NIKE+ exercising. C:

    ReplyDelete