Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Few Slow Days

Hey folks. Sorry about missing a couple of days. I've been in so much pain that I couldn't focus on anything. Yesterday's physical therapy was torture, honestly. We had my re-evalution. I have improved in just a month.

Why do i mention this? Because I want everyone with some type of nueromusclar disease to see that physical therapy can really help. It doesn't happen over night, and even my improvement was small, but remember that you need to celebrate the smallest acheivements. These are just as important as the larger ones.

I've been struggling with my depression, and mood swings. I'm not sure if it's medication, or not. I have plans to talk to my doctor as soon as I can. But right now, I am dealing with so many other appointments, I can only handle one health issue at a time. This especially true because my mom is having to re-arrange her schedule all the time. And it's not fair to her. So I have decided to wait on that a little.

Please understand that I am feeling accomplished, but I am also feeling like the results I am getting are too slow. This is unacceptable to me psychologically. I am used to doing for myself, nd right now, I still can't do everything i would normally do. This is ordeal is definitely a test of my patience. And so far? It's not working well. Thank goodness I get to see Emily twice a week. This woman is fun to be with, and she helps me out.

I guess the moral of this entry is that you can learn to be patient, and that will help in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment