Friday, March 23, 2012

The Good, The Bad, The OMG that Freaking HURT!

At some point during your rehabilitation, or daily, you will deal with a rang of emotions and physical discomfort. These different types of conditions really go hand in hand. No one knows how that feels better than I do, especially after yesterday's fiasco.

Yesterday, I had a whole day out, and about. In the morning, I had my second meeting of the week with Emily, my Physical Therapist so I was up pretty early to begin with, after being up till 2ish? I'm not quite sure. All I know is that I was just a bit depressed, and exhausted when Mom and I finally got home.

I wasn't home long enough. I was dragged out again, and into the city to see my Neurologist. I was slated to get a Nerve Conductivity test done. What was supposed to be an hour wait turned into 2 almost 3 hours before Mom and I were called back , and then ANOTHER hour of being poked, prodded and haaving electric shocks sent through my body.

At least when I got home, and today, I have been allowed to rest, and got to soak in a Calgon soaked bath. Cerebral Palsy treatment isn't always fun, and it can downright suck when you're tired, and have no energy. But sometimes, it's little things like being able to go up and down the stairs in less pain, or getting in and out of the bathtub with no assistance can all make it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment