Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lets Get Physical (Therapy)

Today was my 4th day of Physical Therapy. When I woke up this morning, I was feeling pretty bad. My sinuses hurt, and I was exhausted. Mom asked me if I wanted to cancel my appointment. I laid down for a few minutes. "No,no... I can't do that."

By the time I get to therapy I am in so much pain that I really don't want to deal with it, but I pushed through it. Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say. So I push on. Emily has me do some stretching exercises to really push the muscles. And I was feeling better after all of those. My sinuses weren't even bothering me.

Physical Therapy is an important prt of my rehabilitation. It, and a few others are only a few things I have to do, even if I don't want to. Therapy and your therapist are integral to the treatment of most symptoms brought about Cerebral Palsy. I have come to respect the advice of Emily, my therapist. We are comitted to bringing my independence level back up.

So my advice to others who are struggling to get through their home programs or physical therapy, please remember this: Conditions are only made worse by doing nothing. And I am not one of those to let anything stand in my way.

1 comment:

  1. Getting therapy and exercising in general can be tough! At first it'll hurt, but you build up a tolerance to pain and those sore muscles. Keep going! C:

    ReplyDelete