Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Support Team: Part 2

Yesterday, I talked about family being a big part of your support team. They are especially important when you are dealing with so many others that aren't your family. In my case, I have 3, soon to be 4 doctors that are handling my condition.

The first is my primary care doctor. Dr. Rhanama has been amazing. He is very compassionate, and understanding. It helps that his office is almost like family to my family. We all see him. He is the one who first diagnosed my Anxiety disorder, and we have been treating it ever since.

The second is my Neurologist, whom we'll just call Dr. S. He's' amazing, and funny. I can't say the same for his scheduling team or office, but it's him I come to see, an I don't worry about it too much, as long as I have my Nook Tablet with me.

Third and finally right now is my therapist, Emily. Emily is great, and a positive influence for me. I have a lot of fun, talking to her, and doing my therapy session. Don't get me wrong. She does push me a bit more than I'd like sometimes. But she is open to what I have to say about my own progress, and reminds me to take it a day at a time.

These are just a few people I have in my corner. I do get quite a bit of support, and they have made all the difference in what I have been dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment