Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sitting for The Sake of a Fandom

Blog's going to be a bit short tonight. I'm a little under the weather. However, I need to write every day, because it just feels wrong when I don't. Now that the medicine has kicked in I can focus a it more.

Today, I ventured outside the house into the cold, rainy weather to see The Hunger Games, a movie I have been waiting for for months. When I woke up this morning I was feeling two different emotions. One was excitment because I realized the today was the day I was going to see The Hunger Games. The second was an extreme dislike for the rain, and cold, and my hips.

Yet, I ventured out anyway. The tickets had already been purchased, and today promised to be the best time, ever. Well, things were good, until the actual movie. Seating in the movie theatre is not condusive to what Emily has been trying to get me sitting ergonomically.

Of course, not every single place is going to be adaptive to those kinds of needs. But those of us who are dealing with problems stemming from tingling in the back of our legs beause we're too short to reach the floor find it very uncomfortable. Couple that with the fact that two days laster, I am still dealing with the EMG testng I'd gone through on Thursday, what should have been the best movie experience in months , was pure torture. I had temporary relief when Mom re-arranged Fred's backpack and coat so that my legs were not touching the edge of the seat. (Fred's my BFF).

Thankfully, I was able to distract myself through the movie. But after movie, I paid for that time sitting. My hips were sore, my right calf and ankle were in excrutiating pain. See, thinngs just like that are what make going out impossible for me. and I don't want to go out much anymore. Period.

I would definitely do it again, of course. This was one of the best movie adaptations I have seen in ages! I am so proud of everyone involved. My author blog over at www.victoriadurm.net will have a full review later today, for anyone who might be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment