Monday, April 2, 2012

Feeling Annoyed

When medications don't work the way they're supposed to anymore, it can cause a huge problem. It's even worse when one medication works, but is causing other medications that you rely on to not work.

I was put on Zoloft for my anxiety disorder, and scratching tic. While Murphy does help with it, it's getting increasingly hard to avoid the urge to scratch. There is no logic behind it, but they consider it self-harm, and I hate it. So I've made an appointment to see my docotr, and see what we can do about it.

I'm not afraid to admit these problems. It's just getting harder to want to go out because of the scars I'm dealing with. Espeecially when the sores are open, and that there is a big problem during the warmer weather with wearing t-shirts. I wanted to try and start wearing tanks again, but not if I'm going to have all these open sores, and stuff, so I definitely want to get that cleared up.

It's important also to understand that it's not just about the scratching. When I've been going out, and dealing with crowds, I've been feeling overwhelmed, and lost. And I hate that feeling, beecause then I get confusion, and loss of memory. I know that I have dementia, and what not, but that's terrible. So I need to see if I can get the meds straightened out.

It's important, when you are talking about any kind of anxiety disorder, or depression to make sure that you check in with your doctor about the types of medications you're being put on. It is even more important when you are dealing with an entire group of doctors, so that the doctors, especially your primary, are all on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment