Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Big Step in a Positive Direction

(From Saturday, June 9, 2012) 


When you're dealing with Cerebral Palsy, you often have to deal with things that most do not. Things that may not be a big deal to some are huge deals for you. One of those things for me is t he ability to cross the street, which I lost a few years ago after nearly being hit by a car when I had the right away. 

For the first time in five years, I was able to cross the street that has been plaguing me, by myself, without my friends holding my hand. I had to use the walker, but I guess that's okay. I tend to think of the walker as a smaller version of a power chair. You see those all the time with people getting across the street. The walker's just a bit more primitive. 

So I've gotten used to the fact that this is h ow i cross the street. I look forward ot a time where I learn the bus schedule. ^^ That is my next step in independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment