Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another Graduation!

Today was my last day of Occupational Therapy. I didn't feel quite as connected with that group as I did with the PT crew, but I will miss Holly for sure! So there are a few things I  have learned through my experience with Occupational Therapy.  One of the most important things I learned was that I do not take enough breaks for the amount of time I spend on this computer. That being said, I started using a timer on my phone to keep myself on a schedule.

Secondly, I've learned that it is perfectly okay to say "I need help with this" when it comes to doing chores during a flare up. Whether the flare up is in my legs, or in my CTS, I need to learn to  say I need help. Believe it or not, that is the hardest thing for me to do. I am always very independent, and when I have to ask for help, I feel like I'm troubling someone or whatever. I'm trying to change that, slowly.

After the initial review, Danielle (my primary therapist) let me cook fried potatoes. But, they have an electric range, and I didn't know how to use any of it! It threw me off for a bit, and almost caused me a grease burn. Thankfully, that didn't happen. The potatoes turned out really well, too! I probably needed a bigger pan, but I did what I could with what I was given.

The last thing I was given was some stronger theraputty, and a certificate! I'm looking forward to having more progress as things go forward, and I am hoping you guys are keeping up with me. Come share your stories!

1 comment: